For anyone who is interested…
…this page says something about the “back end” of the GBG365 website.
At the time of writing (3½ months after I started) the site is still under construction, so expect this page to keep pace with site developments.
First of all, the site is powered by WordPress.
The theme is called Darkroom and comes from the good people at Photocrati. I’ve been in and played around with the CSS coding a little so it doesn’t look quite the way Photocrati’s Darkroom does out-of-the-box.
Apart from these major elements, the site also uses a number of plug-ins.
- Spam filtering is by Akismet.
- The contact page comes from Contact Form 7
- Sharing buttons, site statistics and much else are provided by JetPack by WordPress.com, tweaked a little by JetPack Extras.
- The Subscriptions page comes courtesy of Subscribe2.
- The maps under each individual photo are provided by Google Maps API with the help of WP Geo.
- Search Engine Optimisation uses the All in One SEO Pack. I’ve also made use of Google’s AdWords Keyword Tool.
- To help keep control of the clutter behind the scenes I use WP Optimize.
- Some other useful plug-ins behind the scenes are Exclude Pages, Custom Sidebars, Custom Meta Widget …
There are a number of other plug-ins that I’m trying out. As I decide to keep using them I’ll add credits here.
I’d also like to thank the following friends and fellow web-weavers/photographers for advice in respect of software for the site and for encouragement and support in the endeavour. Click on their names to visit their sites and enjoy some other, often very different photography!